WiiKey XenoWii 196 Mod Chip for Wii
* Boots all Nintendo Wii backups from DVD-R / DVD+R and even DVD-RW discs.
* Updates can be installed from a DVD so no need for a serial port programmer.
* Direct boot of different NTSC region Wii Games / Backups on US and JAP Consoles
* Partial Support for NTSC Region Wii Games / Backups on PAL Consoles
* Enables direct boot of GameCube backups.
* Supports all currently available Wii Console / Drive Versions.
* Supports D2B chipset's that other 1st generation chips didn't support.
* Direct boot of Homebrew in Wii GC Mode.
* Boots different region GC original games and backups (partially without swapping)
* Supports Multi-Disc games for BOTH Wii and Gamecube.
* Supports DVD-R / True DVD+R and DVD+RW Support (no bitsetting required!)
* Improved read settings for recordable dvd media and drive speed configuration.
* Built-in audio fix for GameCube games that are streaming audio from the discs.
* Supports full size 4.7 GB DVDs for GameCube Homebrew so no 1.4 GB limit like on GC.
* Stealth Mode so Nintendo updates can not detect it and disable it.
* Compact design, best quality components, solid high speed controller.
* 512 byte EEPROM to store configuration / settings / region override patches etc.
* Easy 6 wires to solder or Quicksolder installation without wires.
* Unique Wii Disc Backup application (Wii DVD Dumper) that takes care of backuping you games DVD to SD CARD to PC.
* Comes in Professional ESD Packing
WiiKey Base Disc
The base 1.2 disc for the WiiKey is a DVD packed with application for Nintendo Wii consoles that have been modded with WiiKey Modchip. It's main purpose is to configure the WiiKey modchip settings. Along side of it's basic practical uses, this base disc allows users to backup their Wii/Gamecube games to an SD card via a GCMC (gamecube memory card) to SD adapter, Load media (game's, emulators, applications, audio and video) via the SD-GCMC adapter and/or DVD media, and play a variety of classic SNES (Super Nintendo Entertainment System) video game ROMs via the SNES9x emulator.
The WiiKey was announced at the beginning of February 2007 and shipped to the stores at the end of the month. It is one of many drive modchips available for the Nintendo Wii and it acts as a firmware replacement funneled through the debug serial port - tricking the DVD drive into believing that Copied DVD-R backup is in fact a legit original game DVD. This trick works much like current Xbox 360 chips do. Like its current competitors, the or using six wires. Mod-chip can then be updated through the use of a Setup DVD Disc which can be downloaded from the WiiKey website.
is installed onto the Wii's drive either by quicksolder
Compatibility of WiiKey is very good - no slowdowns / stuttering and region patching on the Wii does indeed work. The WiiKey performs as expected and does a good job. It gladly accepts any disc you throw at it (provided it is a good enough brand/dye of course) also if it is rewrittable
+ Mod-Chip is easy to install with quicksolder method or wired method, if you have soldering experience.
+ Flawless performance and perfect compatibility with Wii backups, even on same DVDs that gave read errors with CycloWiz v1 work with WiiKey.
+ Runs games burned on Re-Writeable DVD-RW Discs sawing you a lot of $ and letting you test the game before recording it on DVD-R!
+ Does not require GCOS to play Game Cube isos from other regions.
+ Upgradable and configurable via DVD - with onboard EEPROM.
+ Come with a unique DVD Dumper application for backing up Wii games to an SD CARD.
- The board and position of the quicksolder points may require a bit more skill to install because aligning has to be precisely.
- Not compitble with Wii D2CTo open up the console and install the chip the following tools will be required:
- A Tri-wing screwdriver
- A small prying tool
- A small phillips head screwdriver
Easy to Installation and a pleasure to operate!
Can use Quicksolder Method or wired method
You Can Really Upgrade it via DVD!
The Price is Right!